Integrated management system; It is the whole of the systems created by bringing together more than one management system in order to carry out the production and activities of the enterprises. These systems; we can exemplify a company, business or institution as occupational safety, quality, information security, energy management. Instead of solving problems separately, they provide gains to businesses in many ways by approaching and solving them holistically with the Integrated management system. In this context, we can give the following examples of the systems that make up the Integrated management system;
ISO 9001 Quality Management System
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
ISO 27001 Information Security
ISO 5001 Energy management
ISO 31000 Risk Management
Companies can add other systems they have according to their activities.
Firms/Businesses; They try to set up their units separately, usually as they solve their own problems. But what really needs to be done is to save the institution from this mess. A disorganized perspective often prevents us from focusing on the whole. This is where the Integrated management system, which runs your company and handles all your goals at once, comes into play. Concluding dozens of management systems while managing a business is a challenging task. But to achieve this, to bring the Integrated management system into operation; In addition to reducing costs and disruption of external audits, it will be beneficial for your company in many ways.
Integrated management system audit takes a long time in terms of documenting the systems separately, since each system has common points where it intersects with each other. With the Integrated management system, this situation is quickly concluded. Therefore, we can list the benefits of the integrated management system as follows.
Benefits of Integrated management system:
- Integrated management system and management systems within the company work in coordination with each other.
- This coordinated work brings many advantages. However, it is important that these systems work in coordination and harmony with each other, and only in this way provides many advantages to companies.
- Instead of auditing the systems separately, Integrated Management System audits allow all ISO standards to be audited together.
In this way, the time spent separately for inspections is reduced, saving time and man-hours. cost approach (prevention, measurement and cost of failure).
- Common procedures are brought under one roof within the scope of the Integrated Management System. The Handbook, Procedures, Instructions and forms created for all standards are made simpler by combining the common ones. Document Management System narrows in scope and document density decreases. Efficiency increases thanks to systems that work in integration with each other.
- Since the systems can be controlled from a single point, time is saved. As more than one system is audited at a time, auditing costs are reduced and profitability is increased by reducing costs.
- Eliminates dependency on people. Internal and external audit times are shortened and auditing is done more effectively.
- It enables the improvement needs to be determined within the company in a short time and the land errors and disruptions are easily found.
- Similar/joint procedures do not need to be documented separately. It prevents excess document/paper wastage.
- Repetitive tasks are done without wasting extra labor and burden.
- It allows continuous improvement, that is, the PDCA approach. Thanks to continuous improvement, commercial permanence and superiority are ensured.
- Unnecessary resource usage is eliminated. It enables more efficient use of resources.
- The risk of inter-system conflicts is drastically reduced.
- Increases morale and motivation of company employees. Happiness of employees (TQM Total Quality Approach),
- Improves company/company internal and external communication. (Customers, suppliers and stakeholders) stakeholder approach (coexistence)
You can access the document related to the Integrated management system standard by clicking the link below;
Prepared by: Mehtap Çeliker, ISO9001 Lead Auditor